In the interest of fairness to the great philosopher of our time; National Football League genie in the bottle San Francisco Quarterback Colin Kaepernick, I promise to address the concerns that this great athlete has brought to the forefront with much media fanfare!
Part A: It’s a Triple edged sword as we trudge along with Mr. Colin Kaepernick and have this conversation! On one end of the spectrum, I defend Colin and his right to free speech with every fiber of my DNA and so would all my brothers and sisters that have fought battles from the beaches of Normandy, the foothills of South Korean 38th parallel, Aerial bombardment of Hiroshima Japan, Auschwitz death camps, South Vietnam, Desert Storm Iraq, Mogadishu, Fallujah and current theater of war in Afghanistan against global Jihad. Wherever the Marines, Special Forces, Army or Airforce is needed, the Men and Women in uniform have laid down their lives so we can all enjoy the freedoms most of us take for granted! That’s just one part of the discussion there; can you appreciate why the flag is such a sacred piece of holy grail that is draped in the priceless precious blood of our own finest among us? Now let us look at the other side of the spectrum, the real ugly side where the rubber meets the road: This is not for the faint-hearted because this is a wound that runs really deep into the inner cities and the underbelly of the beast!
Part B: The 3,800lbs Elephant in the room nobody wants to address has two sides of the mirror. Plenty of blame to go around, but let us zone in on the most important aspect of self-reflection and emotional maturity on all the principle actors! Like in all endeavors there is always room for improvement! He who stops learning stops growing and dies of natural causes. Therefore let’s have this conversation Mr. Colin Kaepernick: For starters, I will Quote this NFL great during an impromptu interview: “Whats happening across this country is unfair, unjust, there needs to be accountability” Why? media person asks? Colin responded, “Police brutality, it’s not new ground and this needs to be addressed and I will continue to sit and protest. People are being murdered, it’s not right by any standards! This is supposed to be a country that delivers freedom, justice, and liberty for all or everyone. This stand is not for me, this is for the voiceless to try and effect change.” Well, sir, my fellow Philosopher Colin, believe it or not, I actually agree with you on most parts of what you said, but you know, I like following empirical evidence so buckle up for a very grown up discussion!
The social malaise that confronts us in the 21st century; Black lives matter and so do all Asian, Latino, Blue, Brown, Yellow and Anglo White lives! Now that that’s out of the way, next point:
1.Aggressive policing does exist and rightly so! Unfortunately, there is a very minute and I repeat, a very small percentage less than 1% of real Police brutality and the numbers are available for anyone to look up as to how many young black youth have been “murdered” by Cops! I’m sure if we have time on our hands we can find a rogue Cop or Cops nationwide, but in all candor, most police officers are very professional and happen to be real family folks when not in uniform. Indicting an entire blue wall of excellence in very trying and tumultuous times is akin to an exercise in sophistry, arson and unnecessary bomb throwing inside movie theaters. As i have emphasized in other publications that this is a powder keg waiting to be ignited and I’m certain we can do a lot more to improve the training and professionalism of our finest blue blood first responders that perform to the best of their professional ability without fear and favor!
2. Black crimes matter! A vicious self-inflicted wound! Ouch oh no! he didn’t just go there? Yes, I have just stepped into the auditorium and I hear pin drop silence: The ugly sins we sweep under the societal carpet. Are Cops Racist? Colin Kaepernick if not an indictment on the police force i wonder what you really imply in your statement about random murder occurring out there?This is very frustrating if not maddening for our Progressive friends who are most likely chomping at the bit due to their misguided policy prescriptions! Urban policies from the Progressive Left have left black inner cities in a cauldron of darkness. Blacks as a proportion to their population size commit more aggravated crimes than any other ethnic group! That’s a bitter pill to swallow, unfortunately, lots of spring water needed for that! And as a result of bad policies prescribed by the Progressive left and their cohorts the black community has largely been ignored and left to its own self-destructive downward spiral creating an urban pathology that has come full circle to fruition, and now we see the deadly results of basing policies on childish fantasies, such as Roses, Lillies, blissful strolls and singing kumbaya motivated by patronage and “ruling class knows best mentality.” The Genesis of this Inner City Neutron bomb dropped on the black family to fix the prior centuries litany of injustice was started by no other than Americas 36th President Lyndon Baynes Johnson (LBJ); War on poverty and the great society from 1965! These misguided policy prescriptions have led to a generation of young black unmanageable misfits in society left into a sea of poverty, and unaccountability and no Parenting at all! what a crying shame! The insidious silent cancer that has been killing the black community for decades is all those fancy things we now call EBT, SNAP, TANF, SSDI also essentially known as Welfare! In other words “handouts” are not a way forward in life. There’s a big difference between being down for a temporary short season and asking for a “hand-up” than actually living off hand-outs which may turn any good individual into a total loser, dependent and or parasite hooked on the drug of dependency! Not compassionate! The Democrat party has championed these under-belly values as compassion and this is the catastrophic result; Black plight, black poverty, and bleakness in the inner cities! The great Gipper Ronaldo Maximus (Ronald Reagan) once said the best social welfare policy is a JOB!
3. The run-down continues; here is just a snippet of municipalities and cities administered by Democrats (yes, the Donkey Party) since the 1960’s:
(A) Ground Zero; Ferguson Missouri infamous for the Michael Brown case. Cop Daren Wilson acquitted and found not guilty of civil rights violations, and by the way, the Injustice Department concluded the same way with their own independent investigation corroborating Police Officer’s initial statement and the story of the facts. (B) Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Surprise surprise the officer involved in the fatalities is not White! Is that a shocker or what?
(C) Chicago Illinois, Barack Obama’s back yard and Mayor Ram Emmanuel soup of consistent corruption, remember Rod Blagojevich the honest crook who by Chicago standards is a squeaky clean guy, no pun intended! Chicago by the way, is the murder capital of America, highest black on black homicides by a long shot when compared to any large metropolis. The sad part about Illinois its one of those places where if Pope Francis was running as a Republican he would be handily defeated by some leftist Democrat or independent! But I still love Chicago style Pizza and the Navy Pier! (D) Gary Indiana. Enough said about this God-forsaken neighborhood. It should just be adopted by Chicago because one wrong exit turn and your heading towards Chicago’s south side! (E) Baltimore, Maryland: Another cesspool of blight and infamous for the Freddie Gray, a young unarmed black guy who probably had many medical issues and was a walking ticking time bomb waiting to explode, after being arrested and then suddenly had a lethal spinal injury from the arrest? Sad and unfortunate loss of life but this city is right up there with the very worst of them when it comes to inner-city black poverty and unemployment and other social ills! (F) St Loius, Missouri (pure Democrat back-woods since 1968)Last 8 mayors all Democrats. This is just the short list, we need a whole book of volumes if I catalog all counties, towns, and cities run by so-called Liberal democrats whose real name is Progressive Democrats maybe Regressive Leftist is more appropriate. Thanks to the Regressive left we are now marching backward and turning back the hands of time to a Jim Crow era filled with slave masters! The Audacity is breathtaking!
4. The Painful truth we all have to face by looking in the Mirror Mr. Colin Kaepernick! The $40 Billion Dollar question is this: What is the greatest threat to a Black man in America discounting Negative stereotypes promulgated and perpetuated by Hollywood and the Media? It’s not racist white police officers, but another young black male between 18-35 years old! I didn’t stutter nor flinch for a split second! The biggest threat to any Black man in America is another Black male and the facts are painful but they don’t lie! We are all entitled to our own opinions but like fast uncle Jimmy always says; you are not entitled to your own facts! Facts are facts like pure mathematics 2+2=4 and it will never be equal to 22 if a unicorn came into your dreams and whispered otherwise! This sure feels like those dreadful times as a child when your mother gave you an Anti-Biotic pill so huge you needed 40 ounces or 5 glasses of water just to swallow the darn pill!
5. Being raised in a two parent home is the best option for any child whether raised by two White, Black or Asian parents! And you my dear friend Colin was raised by two loving wonderful parents and it’s obvious they did something right and because of that stable environment you are part of the 2% population that have all the spoils of the fat of the land (more power to you! I love Rich folks, with a healthy dose of envy) and remember that you could be a role model and be a big boy by adopting plenty of inner city black youth by putting your money where your mouth is; now that’s a true way to make an impact instead of making small talk in front of one of the pillars of evil in our society also known as the mainstream media! For every young black kid that you adopt Colin Kaepernick, that is a kid that will grow up with a positive role model and that is one less kid out on the street committing heinous crimes due to a lack of education and parental guidance! Do you see the connections of how toxic the environment has become, where youths are generally misfits and encounters with the Police will normally be a combative and aggressive time bomb waiting to explode on both ends? For regular folks, a routine stop or encounter with the police ends up in a cordial respectful manner from both ends and there is no tragedy that ensues! I’m sure there are plenty black folks of a different stripe that get “unfortunately targetted” and pulled over, but they live to see their families and go back to their productive sites of business or go about their daily lives like every other decent law abiding American citizen! Why is it not so, for the inner city black youth? These are complex but solvable issues that can and rightfully so be addressed by starting at the base foundation! You can’t defeat an enemy or solve a problem if you don’t know its roots and origins! Can we keep the conversation rolling or is this churning your innards?
Part C: A walk down the aisle of soft bigotry! Poke the magic Dragon, Mirror on the wall side two:
1. Federal appeals court strikes down North Carolina Voter ID requirement; really? you gotta be kidding me, right? When I go to my local library (ancient times like back in 2012!) I’m asked for an I.D. and same goes for the times i have visited my family video rental again I’m asked for a state-issued identification? What even more perplexing is every time I hop on a jet plane to Pittsburg, Orlando, New York or Los Angeles, how dare they ask me for an ID How nosey these govt officials truly are!
2. Maybe a good time for us all to drink some strawberry/lime flavored cool aid! Why would one need a voter ID to cast the all-important civic duty and constitutionally protected right to vote one’s free conscious? Let me take a wild guess before the peanut gallery! Don’t shoot the messenger folks, I’m wracking my brain as we speak and have this conversation with the honorable presence of Colin Kaepernick as guest extraordinaire! Bingo! It must be because folks of color “aka” minorities have no way of accessing their records such as birth certificates, prior identification papers etc and therefore incapable of obtaining a state-issued ID unless the benevolent hand of big Government officials (Democratic Party elites) leads these poor helpless folks to the department of motor vehicles or Bureau of Motor vehicles in my neck of the woods. So let’s get this straight, minorities are roughly about 27% of the population (blacks at 13% and Latinos at 14%) therefore 27% of 300 million US population that equals to 81 million folks who are little children who can’t think independently and act maturely of their own volition. Could we make a case for triple quadrupled increase in kindergarten outlets so we can contain all these children, poor little kids of color! We the self-sufficient self-righteous adults must feel so morally and intellectually superior and need to Patronize these kids of color! oh! The Hubris, the arrogance and pomposity and down right soft bigotry smells like a clogged sewer pipeline. Should I just bite my lips that way I will be the next bee-stung lipped genius from the underworld. Get a load of this pile of mulch; some of the Patronizing soft bigotry comes by way of Federal Justices, and here follows a classic example and i quote a July 2016, New York times article by Michael Wines and Alan Blinder “The court also held that the ballots of people who had mistakenly voted at the wrong polling stations should be deemed valid. In the Wisconsin decision, Judge James D. Peterson of Federal District Court ruled that parts of Wisconsin’s 2011 voter ID law are unconstitutional. He ordered the state to make photo IDs more easily available to voters and to broaden the range of student IDs that are accepted at the ballot box. The decision also threw out other rules that lengthened the residency requirement for newly registered voters, banned distributing absentee ballots by fax or email and sharply restricted the locations and times at which municipal voters, many of them Milwaukee blacks, could cast absentee ballots in person. Judge Peterson’s sharply worded 119-page ruling suggested that Wisconsin’s voter restrictions, as well as voter ID restrictions in Indiana that have been upheld in the Supreme Court, exist only to suppress votes.” I don’t know about you but i need some oxygen to reduce the radiation that’s permeating every cell in my body! It’s breath-taking the Ivory tower, nose in the sky mentality that these left-wing Regressives have towards other regular Americans who so happen to be folks of Color?” Hard Slogging Mr. Kaepernick, can you follow the argument or are we still trying to throw bombs in the dark?
Is it possible that we can increase absentee ballots and give folks with mobility issues and ability to vote if they can verify their citizenship other than word of mouth?Maybe we can expedite their civic duty to cast a vote free from intimidation and delays to the party of their choice without any coercion, force and still maintain the integrity of the election system? Is that a novel idea?Beam me up Scotty and I mean it this time!
3. This is the national scandal that nobody wants to face head on; Black youth unemployment has reached 60% and no that’s not a typo! Blacks, whether they be in the inner city, urban centers or Ghettos or whatever location you want to assign them, are at an all-time high unemployable rate given that we have a “mixed race” President in the oval office also fondly known as a “Black President!” So what’s the deal, begs the question? Its Policies that Barack Obama and his ilk have prescribed over the last 5 decades, including the time our beloved President was most likely experimenting in rebellious ways by smoking glue or even trees for that matter and who cares! It’s just a puff of smoke, unfortunately, now that he is “the Man” a Washington D.C insider, he doesn’t have a clue how to tackle this dreadful issue other than his instinctive nature as community agitator (Organizer). I’m still trying to wrap my head around that pedigree and pay grade of Community Organizer, other than a fancy word for Law Degree carrying left-wing Marxist. If you have a young black man between 14-34 years of age who has no job skills can’t read past 3rd-grade level or 7th-grade as if that were better and is chronically unemployed, why would I hire him or her? No value to my company other than at best a minimum wage, menial job, and lord have mercy if he Idolizes Colin Kaepernick with Tattoos all over his body like a walking talking billboard (sorry, if you are not a Rock Star you are wasting ink!) and doesn’t speak diction English, instead is proficient at Ebonics or Pidgeon English? Then Ladies and gentlemen of the Jury we have a massive crisis on our hands of Biblical Proportions, miracles are needed at this stage! Again this is where soft bigotry rears its ugly head! The soft Bigotry of low expectations of which the left “Regressives” confuse for compassion! Company executives or those in positions to hire young black men already have this negative stereotype reinforced into their minds by the media, coupled with personal prejudices (nothing inherently wrong with Prejudices we all have them to one degree or another) it’s not a terminal disease and can be wiped clean with real world “education and Knowledge” that’s how you defeat ignorance of any kind! Pick up a book and read first before you judge!
4.This one is short and sweet; Is it ok to lower the standards so a black kid could enter advanced education and enroll at a higher institution of learning such as College and walk around campus with a black-hole Halo on his or her head as the low bar 900 points SAT scoring genius from the “hood?” Who does that benefit really, lend me your brain Colin you have a good degree from a decent almost A-league prestigious college! Does this particular aforementioned black kid graduating from that “special favors” college entry get a head start in life or will this Black-Hole Halo haunt the college educated kid the rest of his or her career, irrespective of chosen field?
5. In the final analysis, now that we have had this discussion Mr. Colin Kaepernick can you swallow the truth? This is just a small portion of our ongoing conversation with the rhythm nation! We are just warming up here and we have about three (3) agenda items we can all take to the bank, and sit at a round table of wise men and women from all walks of life! Soft Bigotry is the 900 pound Gorilla insidious cancer in the American society body fabric across the country, not rampant or blatant racism! Call a spade a spade, not a weed whacker! Racism, in America, if you look hard enough for it, does exist without a doubt, and so do Cherokee Indians, and how often do we brush shoulders with that type of Native American! Easier to find a Black Irish man than a rabid virulent racist in a town near you. Can you handle the truth, can we sit together as one of many few good men out in nowheresville? Like the great Colonel Nathan Jessep (Jack Nicholson) and adversarial Lt. Colonel Daniel Kaffee (Tom Cruise), did in dramatic fashion and get to the root bottom of this Colossus! I’m sure we can do a little teamwork to spread the wealth around in knowledge and actionable charity!